Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Expectations

I considered calling this blog, "The Unexpected Journey." And in many ways, that title would have captured the very essence of the journey that I - and many others - will embark on in the coming weeks and months. This first post is dedicated to the Class of 2013 - all of them, whether I know them or not. To my closest friends, and to the graduates in small countries in Asia and Africa that I may not even have heard of.

"The Unexpected Journey" would have been appropriate. The next stage of our lives is definitely a journey, and there are sure to be unexpected bumps in the road along the way. But I didn't name this blog, "The Unexpected Journey." Because frankly, the journey (for many of us) was not unexpected at all. I have been expecting this journey for years and years. I can't remember a time when I wasn't expecting to journey to college. So I think the best way to sum up this first step into a new stage of life is in the words of this title.

"The Long Expected Journey".

1 comment:

  1. I like that the title can be taken at least a couple ways...the journey is long, or the expectation of the journey has been long: The Long-Expected Journey.

    On Art Garfunkel's first solo album after he and Paul Simon broke up, there's a song with this lyric: We will get there. Heaven knows when we will get there. We know we will.

    ReplyDelete